Trig over at Aidan Brooks: Trainee Chef has tagged me for this meme. I’m to paste the rules up top and follow the instructions:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I don’t like different dishes mixing. By this, I mean that if there were various dishes on my plate, I don’t like them to touch and therefore mix flavours. I like to taste the dishes individually, mixing them to my taste. So if do you watch me eat, you’ll see me carefully separate the different components and start by eating all the “contaminated” bits. I’m strange like that.
2. I think I have an unhealthy obsession with instant noodles. I like them and there are always emergency packets in the cupboard! Notice I said “emergency packets” – I’m trying to cut down instant noodle consumption. The MSG barely affects me now – I must have built up a resistance.
3. Not a food fact but I really dislike driving. I do have my driving licence but I don’t actually like to sit behind the wheel and drive. I get too nervous.
4. I’ve eaten insects. My father once brought back fried crickets from Mexico for us to try and well, they were crunchy and tasted a bit of …. stick. Kinda woody. I also had fried grasshoppers at a friend’s house but he had kept them in the freezer and so they had chewy torsos. Not as nice.
5. My father used to eat a lot of peanuts…so much so that little bits of peanut would fall on the floor. As a kid (a very young kid), I would pick those up and eat them. Hehe. I saw it as treasure (and yes, I still have a vivid imagination today). I reckon that’s why I don’t often get an upset tummy now.
6. Again another non-food fact. I’ve had an online presence since…oh…um…1997? Possibly 1996. So I’ve had either a website or blog up since then. I’m a total geek.
7. I’m a real homebody. Most nights, I’d rather make a nice dinner at home and pretty much stay there too. Don’t get me wrong; I do like going out (I went out yesterday night! The opera!) but I’m not big on clubbing and pubbing. Well, I do like going out if it’s to a restaurant with friends though! So actually, perhaps I do like going out. Hmm.
Now you know what a weirdo I am! I want to hear from the seven I’ve tagged:
1. Kat at Our Adventures in Japan
2. Charmaine at Tasty Treats
3. Annemarie at Divine Ambrosia
4. Keith at Travelrat’s Travels
5. Donald at Mr Orph’s Kitchen
6. Girlie and Mr Pants at Boots in the Oven
7. Ginger and Fred at Dinner Diary