Luiz of The London Foodie has been running a cooking club for a few years and The London Foodie Supper Club, serving homestyle Japanese cuisine, for the last year. Formerly an investment banker but now a Grand Diplome student at Le Cordon Bleu, Luiz obviously loves his food and I can attest that he’s a fantastic cook. He’s currently teaming up with unearthed® with a special series of dinners featuring their products.
One of the dishes for these dinners has been developed by Tim Anderson, Masterchef 2011 winner, to create a “culinary tour around the world on one plate”.
I received these details about the dish:
Inspired by a snack from Anderson’s childhood in America, the ‘Around the World on One Plate’ dish features a savoury marshmallow on a biltong twig, served with loin of lamb and dressed with a rich chocolate and port sauce. The dish boasts an eclectic mix of unusual ingredients from countries such as Greece, Italy, Iberia, China, New Zealand, Ecuador and South Africa.
It sounds good and will only be available at Luiz’s The London Foodie Supper Club! Luiz and unearthed® have offered me the opportunity to run a competition on my blog and the winner will get the chance to try this dish at The London Foodie Supper Club in Hoxton on June 28. The prize is two tickets to the four course dinner (accompanied by wine) as well as a hamper of unearthed® goodies (charcuterie, cheeses, dips, olives).
Now for all those pesky Terms and Conditions.
- The prize includes a pair of tickets to The London Foodies Supper Club, (each ticket is worth £20) and a hamper full of unearthed goodies worth £60
- The supper club tickets are valid on 28 June 2012, 7.00pm-10.00pm.
- Sadly, Tim Anderson will not be present at the supper club that night.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash or credit alternative available In the event of circumstances outside its control, the promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prize be unavailable for any reason.
- Prizes can only be delivered to a UK address and entrants must be 18 or over.
- Winners are responsible for arranging their own travel and any costs incurred.
To enter, just leave a comment here on your favourite childhood snacks! Comments on this post will close at the end of Thursday 21 June, 2012 and I’ll use a random number generator to select a winner. Do ensure that the email address you use is valid!
For inquiries on tickets to this collaborative supper club, please tweet @foodsunearthed.